Wednesday, April 23, 2014

ASPET at xBio (EB2014)

Experimental Biology is nearly here! The conference runs from Saturday, April 26 to Wednesday, April 30 in sunny San Diego, CA.

I'm please to say that I've been invited to blog for ASPET again this year along with the infamous DrugMonkey. I've lined up interviews with a few scientists whose work I'll be writing about. If you're presenting in the ASPET sessions and are interested in having your research blogged just leave a comment, tweet at me (@katiesci), or email me at sicknessisfascinating at gmail dot com.

On Saturday, there are Career Development sessions organized across societies that I will, regrettably, miss*. But you should attend them if you can! Let me know how helpful they were and if you live tweet so I can boost the signal.
San Diego Conference Center coolness. (Source)

Bright and early Sunday morning I'll be heading to the convention center to soak up some science and I'll be around through Thursday. If you're interested in a meet up with Twitter folk or science bloggers let DrugMonkey know so he can organize it (hey, he volunteered!).

Don't forget the official hashtag is now #xBio!


*I, belatedly, realized my son's Senior prom is Saturday evening. I missed his prom last year for EB and I missed a Homecoming once for SfN so I am determined to make it this year and get some good pictures of him and his girlfriend. I'll be reading Twitter though when I'm not momming so I can keep up with what's going on the first day of xBio.

No comments:

Post a Comment